Pathway is a Python-based programming framework for easy building of realtime and reactive data products.
Pathway enables realtime Machine learning with up to 900x smaller latency, taking care of data updates in streaming architectures.
Pathway serves to build more powerful data apps. This means smaller control flow graphs, and cleaner code logic.
Curious how Pathway resolves key pain points related to streaming data? Our CPO, Adrian, explains this in a quick video introduction to reactive data processing.
- Pathway updates your Machine Learning decisions and models automatically, in real time.
- You can rely on a unified view of all current data.
- You can treat streaming data just as if they were ordinary tables.
- Let your users provide feedback, signal data issues, change settings.
- Have outputs of your data app which react to live input.
- Show up-to-date results with sub-second latency.
- Write code in Pathway with all the power and flexibility of Python classes and functions.
- Interface to the outside world through SQL, Kafka, Debezium, or REST API.
See the full feature list.
- Data apps serving responses & insights based on an always up-to-date data model.
- Data engineering pipelines: Smart-transformation in ELT.
- Data apps for simulation (what-if scenario testing).
- Realtime analytics: low-latency analytics on realtime event streaming data.
Pathway is specifically designed to store, process, and output any mix of:
- Pure-SQL data.
- Time series data.
- IoT messages (harmonized).
- Event stream data.
- Spatiotemporal data (things that move).
- Graph and ontologies data.
Please start by installing Pathway.
To start writing your own code quickly, take a look at our Pathway survival guide
You can also take a look at some recipes in the Pathway cookbook:
- Detect suspicious user activity.
- Find the time elapsed between events in an event stream.
- Compute the PageRank of a network.
First, take a look at the guide to Pathway connectors.
To understand how Pathway can fit into your data processing architecture, take a look at some of the showcases in our pathway-examples repo.